Wednesday, September 26, 2007

So ... What micro-brews should I try in Anchorage?


I want to join in on the fun of "I'm off to Bouchercon" blogging. Yes, I too will board a jet for the great north. My flight will last ... oh ... roughly 75 hours, so I'll be ready for a drink when I hit the ground. A big one.

I'd like to encourage folks to come see me on my panel and/or at my solo author session. Come say hi. Ask questions. Do Bouchercon things. Again, I will be giving away a limited number of my books at my solo author session. (limited number = more than one, but less that seven.)

In case I haven't mentioned it lately, I'm up for an Anthony Award -- my novel Shotgun Opera in the category of Best Paperback Original. Considering the worthy competition I can't really think I'm going to win, but it'll be cool to walk around for a day or two as a nominee.
See you there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just know that those of us who can't afford Alaska are rooting for you. So should we expect live updates from Bouchercon? Daily beer reports? Or is the blog on hold til you get back?
Jim

Graham Powell said...

"Nominee" certainly sounds better than "future loser", although (seriously) just racking up these nominations is pretty impressive.

Have a drink or two (or more) on the plane, catch a cab to the hotel.

Anonymous said...

Hey, man, congrats on getting nominated. That's huge. ... Hope you've landed in Anchorage by now ...

Anonymous said...

Good luck and hope you win.

If you can find a bottle of Alaskan Smoked Porter, I have read that it is one of the best American microbrews.

I have had a couple varieties from the Alaskan Brewing Company (but not the above Smoked Porter), and they were good.

Anonymous said...

k0zxK4 Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

Anonymous said...

vadQpi Please write anything else!

Anonymous said...

Magnific!