Saturday, February 23, 2008

In this time of political turmoil, it's now more important than ever that I endorse a candidate

For president? That little contest?

No, no, no. I mean THIS contest: http://www.bleakhousebooks.com/bookclub.htm

I'm encouraging everyone to go vote ... especially for Anthony Neil Smith's great novel Yellow Medicine. Seriously, Neil is a pal of mine, and I'm willing to bet that all those novels are fine reads because I always expect good stuff from the publisher Bleak House. But the fact is Yellow Medicine is the only novel I was allowed to have a sneak peek at, so I can say with authority that it's plenty groovy.

Also, ifI get on Neil's good side, he might ask me to be vice president.

Vote early. Vote often.

4 comments:

Kent said...

My vote is in. YELLOW MEDICINE sounds like a hell of a good read. There's some other solid bets there, but Neil's is the lock for me.

Anonymous said...

Mine as well. Smith at 80% when I voted, so he's got the early lead.

Victor Gischler said...

Remember, friends and relations and very smart pets are also encouraged to vote.

VG

Victor Gischler said...

Remember, friends and relations and very smart pets are also encouraged to vote.

VG