Monday, December 30, 2013

Screw resolutions .. I'm doing a WISH LIST instead!



So as we bid aloha to 2013, I guess I'm supposed to do some resolutions to improve myself or some bullshit.  Look ... I'll try.  Okay?  I'll TRY to lose a few pounds.  I'll TRY to be a better parent.  I'll TRY to lay off the hooch (not really.)

But honestly ... what have YOU people done for ME?

So I present my 2014 wish list.  ALL SELFISH!  Let's all pull together and try to make this happen, people.





1. A creator-owned ongoing comic book.  I can't tell you how happy I am with my creator-owned efforts this year. Both KISS ME, SATAN and CLOWN FATAL.  Also, SALLY OF THE WASTELAND hits next year.  I've been fortunate to have great publishers and awesome artists.  But those are all 4-5 issue gigs, and I really think I have an ongoing in me.

2. Sequels to INK MAGE.  I feel very positive about how readers have received INK MAGE so far -- LOTS of 5 and 4 star reviews.  I'm hugely grateful. But we all know these fantasy things come in trilogies, right?  I'd love to sell a boat load of books so Amazon's 47North imprint will green light two more books.

3. Disney.  I want to get back.  Soon.  I'm not sure you people have anything to do with that, but I thought you should know.

4. Write for a video game.  I just LOVE games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout that have a strong narrative element.  Come on, video game mofos.  Give a guy a chance.

5. A few of my books are on the edge of becoming films.  Come on, Hollywood.  Stop being dicks and get it done.

6. A new charcoal grill.  Again.  SHUT UP.

7. Just to get caught up.  Seriously.  So much work.

8. Space Ghost and / or Red Dwarf work-for-hire comic book gigs.  Let's get on this, comic book industry.

9. Would love to do a comic for Image.

10. Get invited to more comic cons.  Pony up and I'll show up!

11. A rock solid 2-week vacation during which I do not write AT ALL.

12. Saints win the Super Bowl.

13. I'd like to take a father-son-grandson trip with my dad and 10-year-old son.

14. New Underwear.

15. Get jiggy with it.

7 comments:

Beau A said...

Ink Mage sequels better come, we're coming near the 8th episode and are no where near the epic 900 page mark.

Speaking of sequels, whatever happened to the "Go Go Girls of the Apocalypse" sequel? I blame those cheap asses that didn't donate to the kickstarter campaign. (Myself mostly, sorry)

Victor Gischler said...

Beau , Go Go sequel is coming. Trying to work it in between so many other projects.

Beau A said...

Awesome...
Happy New Years and may all your selfish wish list wishes come true, especially the one about the bbq grill. Keep up all the good work!

K.L. Stevens said...

Hey Victor, new reader here who just found Ink Mage yesterday afternoon (about lunch time, Pacific time) and just caught up.

>.>

Wanted to throw my 2 cents in to say I'd love to see a sequel and I'm very interested in following up on reading this Go-Go Girls book I keep hearing about...

Great job on the serial! Keep 'em coming!

Victor Gischler said...


Thanks K.L.

An INK MAGE sequel is very much on my mind. I think if the publisher (Amazon's 47North) sees enough good reviews and good enough sales then we're in business!

K.L. Stevens said...

Well, I definitely left you a 5-star review, so I wish you all of the best! Can't wait for next week :)

Victor Gischler said...

Thanks, K.L.!