Monday, December 30, 2013
Screw resolutions .. I'm doing a WISH LIST instead!
So as we bid aloha to 2013, I guess I'm supposed to do some resolutions to improve myself or some bullshit. Look ... I'll try. Okay? I'll TRY to lose a few pounds. I'll TRY to be a better parent. I'll TRY to lay off the hooch (not really.)
But honestly ... what have YOU people done for ME?
So I present my 2014 wish list. ALL SELFISH! Let's all pull together and try to make this happen, people.
1. A creator-owned ongoing comic book. I can't tell you how happy I am with my creator-owned efforts this year. Both KISS ME, SATAN and CLOWN FATAL. Also, SALLY OF THE WASTELAND hits next year. I've been fortunate to have great publishers and awesome artists. But those are all 4-5 issue gigs, and I really think I have an ongoing in me.
2. Sequels to INK MAGE. I feel very positive about how readers have received INK MAGE so far -- LOTS of 5 and 4 star reviews. I'm hugely grateful. But we all know these fantasy things come in trilogies, right? I'd love to sell a boat load of books so Amazon's 47North imprint will green light two more books.
3. Disney. I want to get back. Soon. I'm not sure you people have anything to do with that, but I thought you should know.
4. Write for a video game. I just LOVE games like Elder Scrolls and Fallout that have a strong narrative element. Come on, video game mofos. Give a guy a chance.
5. A few of my books are on the edge of becoming films. Come on, Hollywood. Stop being dicks and get it done.
6. A new charcoal grill. Again. SHUT UP.
7. Just to get caught up. Seriously. So much work.
8. Space Ghost and / or Red Dwarf work-for-hire comic book gigs. Let's get on this, comic book industry.
9. Would love to do a comic for Image.
10. Get invited to more comic cons. Pony up and I'll show up!
11. A rock solid 2-week vacation during which I do not write AT ALL.
12. Saints win the Super Bowl.
13. I'd like to take a father-son-grandson trip with my dad and 10-year-old son.
14. New Underwear.
15. Get jiggy with it.