Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Now it can be told ... film edition

As you know, I've been waiting for a few things to fall into place, so I can announce them here at Blogpocalypse. It is with pride that I recently announced the fine folks at Bleak House Books would be publishing my new crime novel The Deputy. Now I'm happy to report that producer Brad Wyman -- the dude responsible for some pretty cool films -- has optioned my novel Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse. Mr. Wyman is eager to make the film version as close to the novel as possible, and I'm thrilled as hell.

I'll keep you updated as I find out more.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Hollywood! Congrats!

Craig Zablo said...

That's great news. Congratulations.

Neil said...

As long as he didn't have anything to do with Paul Blart: Mall Cop. There's selling out, and then there's selling out *King of Queens* style, which, like...no.

jedidiah ayres said...

I can see the trailer now... from the producer of Barb Wire... I'd be sold right there. Congratulations.

Randy Johnson said...

This one I'll be looking forward to. Fingers crossed.

Prof Fury said...

Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

That. Totally. Rocks. Congratulations, Victor.

KenA said...

Great news, Victor--congratulations!

MysterLynch said...

Excellent, I spoke to Brad and he sounds very excited about the project.

Anonymous said...

Awesome news!

David Cranmer said...

Damn, you are on a helluva role. Congrats!

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

The Gischler goes Hollywood. I'm psyched for you.

CrimeNerd said...

Dude had a hand in FREEWAY? Your baby is in good hands, Mr. G. Congratulations are in-fucking-DEED in order, my man.

Ray Banks said...

I fucking love FREEWAY. Love it. And here's hoping your filmed post-apocalypse is as close an adaptation as McCarthy's looks. In fact, why don't we push for a double feature?