Thursday, August 8, 2013

CLOWN FATALE






Earlier today Dark Horse Comics announced my next creator-owned book CLOWN FATALE.

You're all going to want to read it.

Well ... okay ... maybe that's not quite true.

Some of you are going to want to read it.  Since this is my blog and many of you are familiar with my work, then I'll assume there is a higher percentage of fellow sickos reading this than exists in the general population.  The fact is if you like Spiderman and Superman (nothing wrong with that!) or other "mainstream" comics then Clown Fatale is probably not for you.  That's cool.  Not looking to shove anything down anyone's throat who doesn't want it.

But if you think a little bit of "that's so wrong!" can liven up your comic reading, then I've got something for you.  You'll see two images above.  One is from Clown Fatale.

The other is a movie poster from Russ Meyer's "masterpiece" Faster, Pussycat!  Kill! Kill!  The film was one of the motivating factors for Clown Fatale.  It was as if Russ Meyer was thinking, "We're going lowbrow and we're not going to pretend it's anything else.  We're going to OWN it and have fun with it."

So that's what I've done - four issue of unapologetic crass uh ... fun.

And honestly it IS fun, and if you're like-minded (and have the stomach for it) then I'll hope you'll join me in the fun this November.

Here's a little something to get you in the mood.

UPDATE: Oops.  In an orgy of narcissism, I neglected to mention the amazing Maurizio Rosenzweig on pencils and Moreno Dinisio on colors.  Tim Seeley has come up with 4 awesome grindhouse style covers for the run.

No comments: