Friday, February 4, 2011

Kindle Bargains: Part Deux

Yesterday, I blogged that the hardboiled detective novella I wrote with Anthony Neil Smith To the Devil, My Regards is now available on Kindle and Nook for the sassy bargain price of .99 cents. Under no circumstance am I looking to duplicate the incredible e-book sales of authors like J.A. Konrath or Lee Goldberg. But I hate the thought that I've taken the time to write something and it's not available for readers. The Kindle solves that problem. This isn't my first Kindle experience. I also put my collection of linked short stories Three On A Light on Kindle onto Kindle. I don't pimp it too hard because I wrote it a looooong time ago while working on my master's degree, but again, it's available for anyone who is curious at the cheap-ass price of 1.99.

Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse and Vampire A Go-Go are also on Kindle, but not at what you'd call a bargain price. However, my most recent novel The Deputy is priced at 4.99. That's cheaper than a mass market paperback!

Yesterday, I downloaded To the Devil, My Regards from Amazon to test the Kindle app on my Droid. I found that I wouldn't mind reading another short novel on my Droid. Especially if I can get something at a bargain price.

SO tell me please what Kindle novels you suggest. You can pimp yourself or suggest an author you discovered. There are a lot of kindle novels out there. I don't want to wade in alone. Tell me your suggestions. I like gritty hardboiled crime, science fiction and fantasy.

12 comments:

bobby said...

How about Apple iBooks for us ipad/iphione/ipod users?

Adam P. Knave said...

Have you ever read Heroes Die by Matthew Woodring Stover? Great dark fantasy/SF/noirsh book. I've owned it in paper for years but just broke down and got it and it's sequel Blade of Tyshalle on Kindle as well, because they're that good.

Unknown said...

Why not try my p.i. novel DEAD ON THE ISLAND? A mere $2.99.

Victor Gischler said...

Bill,

Don't be shy about providing links!

VG

Jason Krumbine said...

Fruitbasket from Hell is a good one. Fast read. PI vs. Vampires and other crazy stuff. only $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TDKPJI

Mike Oliveri said...

For the price of an mmp you can get my own The Pack: Winter Kill.

I also recommend Tom Piccirilli's The Fever Kill or Cullen Bunn's Blood Feud.

Gerard said...

Can't go wrong with Piccirilli.

threaza said...

Hello,

Don't know where to put this so in here it goes....

Got my copy of XM #8. I'm really happy the story has more substance to it with the challenges kids face today than the lizard scientist angle. I liked that.

I thought Emma and Storm were funny. Logan was himself and Spidey was cute.


LOVED Gambit in this. You got how understated and yet important/smart he and his skills can be.

I don't know if it's the writing or the drawing but it made him seem more real when he was checking out the food and changing his clothes, in the background.

Also, loved how you kept his 'knack' for attracting females to him. :)

Thank-you!

Take care.

Duane Spurlock said...

Victor, I don't understand how your publisher is thinking: the Kindle edition is priced higher than the Amazon print edition. I know you have no say in how all this shakes out. But does your publisher understand eBook economics?

Victor Gischler said...

Duane,

I wondered the same thing. No clue how they make these decisions.

VG

Neil Umstead said...

You should read the phineas Poe trilogy by will christopher baer - starting with kiss me judas (4.99 for kindle)... Funny detective stuff

adrian said...

my name is Adrian (http://adrianalecu.us/gravitation/index.html), I'm a fine art researcher at the JVE Academie in Maastricht, Netherland (http://www.janvaneyck.nl/).
My actual project is a film, a kind of new art film noire. I finished the script, in english and I want to ask you if you like to take a look on it and to make eventual corecture. I want to shoot the film in english language, becouse I consider the english language as the language of this time and the language of the cinema aswell.
I was born in Romania and I live in Netherlands and that the reason why english is not my best part.
I thimk it could be helpfull for film if some one (special one which are very trust with the comics ) can "pulish" the dialogue, make the dialogue more... poetical, more ambivalent, more filmical. And I guess this can do only some one which are a native english speaker and has a sensitivity for the comics dialogue.
I can send you any time the script, if you think you like to help me.
Please let me know about your decision.

Best regards
adrian

please delate the this text after reading.
mail to me: adialecu(at)gmx.net