Friday, July 20, 2012

A DEATH IN MEXICO by Jonathan Woods



Since the last few blog posts have been mostly, "buy my stuff" I thought a nice change of pace would be to talk up somebody else. 

I recently pulled the trigger on a purchase I'd been putting off for a long time.  I bought a Kindle.  When it arrived, the first order of business was to fill it up with some books, and in my first wave of purchases I grabbed a copy of A Death in Mexico by Jonathan Woods.  I liked it a lot.  A new voice in crime fiction filtered through a bit of Hemingway and Graham Greene.  Great prose.  A gritty, hardboiled tale that was a perfect vacation read.

Do yourself a favor and GRAB A COPY.

1 comment:

Guy Savage said...

Victor: now that you have a kindle, I recommend signing up for the Amazon Kindle daily deal. Yes they offer a bunch of romantic crap, but they also offer a lot of classic crime and noir for the princely sum of 1.99 or even 99C