Sunday, June 3, 2012

ITALY: Part 1


Okay, I've been remiss about sharing highlights from my recent trip to Italy.  I will never be able to do it justice, but I at least want to bullet point a few things.  First, many thanks to my publisher Edizioni BD and their Revolver imprint.  They arranged for me to hit the Turin Book Fair and make a bunch of other stops with fellow crime scribe Allan Guthrie.   Al and I spent a lot of time in the back seat of our editor's car with a couple of boxes of books between us as we went ripping around Northern Italy to various events.

What I love about Italy is that they are very creative with their events.  Yes, they have good in-the-bookstore style events, but we also got to do events in restaurants which is the best idea ever because we get to drink wine and eat amazing food while meeting readers and talking about books.  The Corte Dei Leoni in Padova hosted one such event and it was a bit like coming home since I took most of my meals their on my last trip to Italy to attend the Sugar Pulp Festival.

Every single day was a new adventure.  Watch out for the Grappa.

More soon ...

No comments: