Monday, December 15, 2014

SUFFRAJITSU from Jet City Comics


I don't really do "reviews" on this blog, but I do occasionally make mention of somethign if it catches my eye, and that's the case here with Suffrajitsu.

Tony Wolf has hit on something interesting here. There might be another comic out there that takes on the suffragette movement in 1914, but if so I don't know anything about it. These women are not prim and proper.  They are kick ass.

Joao Vieira's art seems a perfect match for the subject matter.  It really has that old-timey vibe that takes a reader straight back to 1914.

Jet City is a relative newcomer to the comics industry, but with the might of Amazon.com behind them, I've been curious to see what they can do, and Suffrajitsu is a good introduction to the publisher.  Wolf especially does a good job leaving us with an intriguing cliffhanger that spurs us to get issue #2.  I'll be keeping an eye on Jet City and this title.

No comments: